Children's Mental Health
Mental Health and Wellbeing
At Elton Primary School, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils and staff. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
At our school we:
- Help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- Help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- Help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- Promote self-esteem and ensure children know that they count
- Encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- Help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
- Support through our vision and values
Mental Health Support
We are delighted that our school has been given the opportunity to take part in a Place to Be program to help make mental health support for children and young people more available when they need it.
We hope that this will provide valuable support to our pupils to help them with life’s ups and down, for example, with issues such as anxiety, friendship concerns, exam stress and challenging behaviour.
Our mental health lead in school is Mrs Leah Davies and she is available if you have any worries or concerns.